Back to School Info
Welcome to Vela Middle School's
Back to School Info 2020
Welcome Message from Mr. Juan Manuel Garcia, Principal at Vela Middle School
Prepare for the 1st Day of School
Prepare Learning Space
- Work Space
- School Supplies
- Internet access.
- Connect to Internet
- Google Chrome.
- Important Websites.
- Google Classroom App
- Zoom (Extensions for Chrome on Desktops & Laptops; Zoom Mobile App for Tablets & Cell Phones)
- Optional: MS Office 365 Education (Free to HCISD students)
Tip: Test HCISD student email log in before school starts.
- Retrieve student issued HCISD email and password from parents' email on 08/31/2020 (check junk mail).
- Go to Vela Middle School homepage and click on WEBMAIL.
- If you have issues, use the Technology Help Desk button on the Vela Middle School homepage.
1st Day of School
- Log into HCISD Parent Access Center
- Click "Classes" Icon
- Click "Schedule" Tab
1st Day of School Procedures
Tip: Login to HCISD email and download Zoom & Google Classroom Apps before 1st day of school.
- Login to HCISD student email
- Open email with subject "1st Period Zoom Link", and click on Zoom link. This will start the Zoom meeting with your 1st period teacher. If you are on a cellphone you will need to have the Zoom app on your device.
- For the rest of the day students will find their class Zoom Links in Google Classroom. First click on the Google Class that matches the period they are in and then click on the Classwork tab to locate the Zoom Link. Their 1st Period teacher will go over this process with them.
Curbside Meal Service